Friday, November 17, 2006

And then there was one...

It's been a month since my last post. So many things have happened - been to home for a few days, got my computer back up and running, started listening to new bands, read the "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley, the final Tathva in NITC, Fedora Core 6 released, the last of the NITC labs over and most importantly the seventh semester of my B.Tech life is coming to an end.

Come Thursday next, S7 shall end with the main pro mid term evaluation. One more exam to go - Design and Analysis of Algorithms on Monday.

Now there is just one, one semester before i become a professional.

I started to write about the last three years here but i shall save it for my graduation. Probably the last post on this blog. It shall end then, true to its name.

I haven't been in blogspot for long - at least for the time i spent blogging here. But now enjoy it. Last week i found out that Google has been detecting my blogs - in fact all of them. Livejournal, Blogspot and wordpress. I got another entry too - the wikipedia user page. So much for a semester i spend primarily in front of the web (i prefer web to computer here - never had i used so much of internet). A server to maintain actually made me pretty good in mining 'how-to' pages from the net. So much of installations - Fedora Core 5 and 6, suse 10.1, Debian stable and testing versions, so much of installation ways - CD,DVD, NFS,HTTP, ISO on HDD .

And then there is my new hostel. I really enjoyed the one sem stay here. We all had a very nice time. The days of placement - small worries and nervousness - slowly gave way to celebrations. The excitement of the first job - i had it here. Being in the F pool on the very first day of the placements was something i would never forget. The i don't-care -what-u-guys-gonna-do-coz-i'm-placed feeling was all that kept me going then. Actually now i can't even think that i wasn't sure whether to appear for microsoft or not after their ppt. Same case with Yahoo!. Its interesting where life takes you to.

And now there is just one. One semester to do all the things you wanted to do in college life. One semester to finish a lot of things and start a lot others.

No comments: